Thursday 7 October 2010

Gallery Visit

On my trip to the gallery i picked out a painting i thought could be related to time. The picture was a mountain scene from Norway and was painted in 1885. Initially the towering mountains drew me into the picture but as i walked closer it was actually the stillness of the water that was running through the middle. The picture had captured a moment in time but what really struck me was that if you were to go back to the place where this was painted in 2010 the picture would look reasonably the same. Only the very small details would have changed.

Time does not always have to be passing by quickly, sometimes the small changes are the ones easily missed. This has led me to think more about nature and erosion which is something i will be following up in my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment